Monday, September 24, 2007

Where does the time go?

As of last post, I have joined my family in Florence, Alabama, begun teaching at the University of North Alabama and still failed to finish my dissertation.
I look at the calendar on the desk in front of me and see that it is September 24, 2007 and I think, where does the time go?
Life has changed dramatically for me over the past few months. New job, new house, new friends, etc. and yet I am still tied down by the last little hurdle of my previous life: the dissertation. Why can't I clear that obstacle and close the door on that stage of my existence? I want to, I have to, but I cannot seem to get over the hump...It's right there, waiting, nagging, pleading for me to end it, but I am stuck in such a rut that I can no longer move forward or backward. (I gave up sideways movement months ago.)
I don't want to complain about this, I don't want to seem like I am unhappy, because I absolutely LOVE the gig I have got right now. Still, something is amiss and I know exactly what it is. The problem is, I can't quite fix it...yet.

No comments: