Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A new blog and a serious goal.

I am new to the blog scene, but I think this may turn out to be a pretty nice tool to have along the way. The blog title is Scott's Road to Kona, and I am writing this blog as an additional tool in my personal training for the Ironman World Championships held on October 11, 2008 in Kona, Hawaii.
For several years now, I have thought it would be cool to compete in the Ironman World Championships. For most of my life, I was too lazy to even look into what it may require for me to get there. Now I know.
Three years ago I began running and have since competed in seven marathons with a personal best time of 3:10:52. I have qualified for, but not yet run the Boston Marathon, so that is another goal I have. This year on Memorial Day (May 29) I will be competing in my first triathlon ever. This will mark my entry into the sport of triathlon, and although I hope I can continue running and competing in triathlons for many years to come, my main goal is to qualify for and compete in the Ironman World Championships.
I originally thought that I could set a 10-year time limit on this goal and be there before I am 40, but upon researching the race, I found that the 2008 competition will be held on my birthday, October 11. Therefore, I adjusted the goal and here I am.
As this blog develops, I will include a list of races I intend to run, my training plans and logs, and any other pertinent information that will get me (and anyone else interested) to Kona in 2008.

No comments: