Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Leo's Lose It Challenge

In an effort to improve fitness at UNA, the infirmary has sponsored a get fit competition. I have deluded myself into believing that I am on a workout/exercise hold as long as I am writing my dissertation, but really it's nothing more than 2 years of laziness and poor eating habits. I haven't run seriously in longer than I care to remember and at this point I am finding it extremely difficult to get moving again. One thing I am glad to say is that I am trudging through edits on my dissertation and actually am making forward progress. If I can generate momentum and keep it going, there is definitely an end in sight...
As for Leo and losing it, I gained a pound this week and now have only seven weeks to get fit. I am not motivated to exercise in the least, but am part of a team, therefore I must do something.
I guess the first thing to do is rein in my rampant eating habits, eliminate all excess calories from my diet and then watch the pounds melt away.
Once again it is time to reevaluate the direction I am headed and make the necessary adjustments before they become major adjustments.
Nothing serious, nothing interesting, just an update.

No comments: