Monday, January 04, 2016

I'm back. Good thing nobody's around here any more to have missed me...

By now, it seems the only people who still blog are the professionals who are making obscene amounts of money for what they write and advertise. I have four separate blogs that I have started and abandoned over the years. I haven't even bothered to see when I made the last post in any of them. Whatever.

I did see that one of the posts on this blog is titled, "New Year, New Resolve."
Yeah, right.

So why am I back?
Accountability.

It's now 2016. When I started this blog who knows how many years ago, it was supposed to track my road to Kona, where I wanted to compete in the Ironman Triathlon World Championships. It was nine or ten years ago. I've changed a lot since then. The blog became a venue for me to post about my travels to Peru and other countries, but even that was replaced by Instagram and Facebook.

I'm back here because I need to keep a training journal and I am hoping that this will be the place to do it.

I'll post some back story in the next post.

For now, I'm back. The party is a little lame, but that's all my own doing.

No comments: