Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Some days are just harder than the rest

The kids went back to school today. I stayed up way too late last night. I didn't want to get up and run at all this morning. The motivation was simply not there, but I got up and got after it anyway. I thought I would run my 8-mile route rather than the 6-miler, but by mile 2, I was already thinking of how to cut the run short, so when I hit 30 minutes out, I turned around and started the run back. This route has a pretty steep hill in the first mile from my house, so running back up on the way home is always a challenge, but today I just couldn't make it happen.
Highlights: 6.83 miles in 1:04:39. Average pace 9:27/mile.
Weight: 217.2 first thing in the morning.

I managed to register for Toughman Alabama today. On New Year's Eve Team Magic sent an email with a discount code, but for whatever reason, it didn't work for me. I contacted their customer service and they provided me with another code this morning. With the exception of Ironman Louisville, all of the triathlons I have run have been Team Magic races. They always do a fantastic job and as long as I am living in the area and participating in the sport, I'll keep running with Team Magic.

August 13, 2016. Toughman Alabama 1/2 Iron Distance triathlon. I ran this one in 6:40:00 last year after not training for it. Hoping to cut an hour off of this time this year.

No comments: